Sisal carpet and rugs are made from the fibers of a cactus plant native to Africa and Brazil. These fibers are cut, dried, and treated to produce twine that can then be woven into rugs. Just like hemp and coir, sisal provides durability that most manmade materials can’t match. Homeowners in the greater Jupiter, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County areas love sisal carpet because its durability doesn’t show the wear patterns common in wall-to-wall carpeting.
Benefits of Sisal Carpeting
- It repels dust and static electricity.
- It’s naturally stain-resistant, so it doesn’t require any chemical treatments that may be harmful to children and pets.
- It absorbs sound better than other carpeting material.
- Sisal is a low-maintenance carpet option. It tends to hide dirt and stains easier than other carpet and just requires weekly vacuuming.
- It’s naturally flame-resistant.
- It can be combined with other natural fibers such as wool or sea grass and adds a rustic look to your home.
- Sisal is an eco-friendly carpet option. Unlike hardwood trees that take many years to mature, sisal matures very quickly.
Sisal carpet does have its weaknesses as well: it is prone to water stains, therefore it shouldn’t be installed in areas of the home with high levels of moisture or humidity.
Carpet Experts in West Palm Beach
Let the experts at Floor Coverings International Jupiter help you find a sisal carpet that’s just right for you and your home. Schedule your free in-home design consultation where we bring the samples right to your door! Our trained design associates will work with you to help select the best carpet option for your unique home, design taste, and budget. We’ll even provide you with a free proposal and estimate. We proudly serve the greater Jupiter, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County areas and look forward to working with you on your new carpet project!
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: Sascha Preussner